Sharing my Music

I make a lot of music but I don’t usually share it with anyone. I’ve been learning for the past year or so now and I can definitely say I’ve improved a lot but I probably won’t feel comfortable putting a finished product out until I make something really incredible quality wise. I started off by teaching myself rap production but I don’t really like a ton of rap so I wouldn’t wanna make it. I think having the ability to put out something that only you could make is really great, but the more inventive you start getting, the less references you have to compare the art with. So for someone like me who is so young and new to everything, it can be somewhat discouraging when I put a lot of effort into making something completely original and then drawing a comparison and realizing it’s terrible. It’s especially easy to draw comparisons now, because a lot of artists with a lot of talent out there are really young.  My production quality is getting decent enough to be something I wouldn’t be astoundingly embarrassed of, so I’ll share a little snippet of a very rough demo of a song I’m working on now. It’s a remake of “Shake it Out” by Florence + the Machine, which is one of my favorite songs of all time, but in a completely different style. I’m eventually going to do vocals, but I’d like to get good enough with vocal production to the point where I have creative freedom with them first. This is all a stream of consciousness, so sorry if it’s a little cringey but I don’t want to waste mental energy or time getting stuck in the overthinking loop which is very easy to do, especially when it comes to music, for me. So here’s a Google Drive link to the snippet of the rough demo, it’ll be in about half the quality I uploaded it in but you will probably be able to get the idea.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZUcb-Qu9BFsKu5HcKXdaB3ZPW5vgnNF/view?usp=sharing

I try to take away something new every time I make a song. From this song, all technical stuff aside, I’d like to be able to walk away with a little more confidence in myself. Also, the picture has nothing to do with the post, it’s a spot in Nice, France. I want to live there sometime in my young life.