An Inspiring Presentation

Arts in NYC Forums M.P. Photography – Hamilton Heights An Inspiring Presentation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1466
    Katherine Hunt
    Participant

I really enjoyed Michael’s presentation. I really liked his perspective on his work, and how it was fueled by his passion rather than the money he could be making. I was inspired by the fact that he got photography gigs by taking it upon himself to reach out rather than waiting for people to reach out and give him work to do. I also thought his anecdote about people asking him to work in return for exposure rather than payment was funny. My mom is a professional photographer, and when she was first beginning her business I remember when she would complain about people asking her to do the same thing.
    When I looked through his Instagram, I was intrigued by the range of photography that he has posted. To me it appears that his live theater and dance photography is his strongest suit, but there is a very wide range of subject matter that is there. I enjoy the dynamic photos of the dancers that he has taken since they have so many colors and there is a real sense of movement to them. These photos are in stark contrast with the photos of architecture and sculpture he also has on his Instagram, since they are stationary for the most part and feature a much smaller spectrum of color.
    I really appreciated how willing Michael was to answer questions, and all the advice he gave us.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.