Go ahead and go for it!

Arts in NYC Forums SG Proposal Forum Go ahead and go for it!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1493
    Grazyna Drabik
    Moderator

Dear All,

I think my mournful attitude of the last few days prevented me from hearing your proposals with generosity of spirit they deserved.

Thank you, Cristian & Chaz, for our conversation yesterday evening. Listening with more attention, I realized you knew what you wanted to do & that I could trust your good sense and commitment.

I realized also I shouldn’t have been so worried about a too broad scope or false promises or impossibility of doing research under current circumstances etc etc. Revisiting, I noted a common thread connecting all of your proposals, although each unique in approach: a wish to highlight something positive and special about this city, and to do it in your way. Perhaps that’s what really is needed right now: more celebration of life, in a free-spirited manner.

So yes, go ahead:
    Eric, Jane, Javier, & Katherine – go forward, if you still wish with your full original “double celebration” of the best of Harlem and Borough Park, or in a modified form (as you had already posted it) – just don’t let my Tuesday misery make you too modest and too careful. Indeed, good food and good music are beautiful twins.
    Alex, Kristen, and Leondra – go ahead, invent your impossible Heart of New York racing game!
    Liam, Ryan, Varin, and Zara – do your Ode to New York Pizza!
    Adam, Anna, and Ash, astound us with the scope of imaginative overview of the heartbeat in all five boroughs.
    Chaz & Cristian take us on the walk of your mid-Manhattan.
    And we’ll taste & look, play & marvel, to the sounds of Cory’s and Leonidas’s Urban Song.
    O.K., let it be our imperfect but exuberant Joy to New York symphony.

Best, GD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.