Remember Yourself

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Leonidas Kalpaxis
    Participant

Michael’s presentation was very unique and fun. It was interesting to have a guest who did not show their face, and this shifted the focus more on his work and the class’ discussions rather than the presenter himself. One of the most important points that I thought Michael made was that too often people are focused on monetary success, and fitting in to society’s view of that success. Instead, is is important to reflect and consider whether the path one takes is one that is bringing you satisfaction. I liked that he emphasized experimentation, as this will allow you a better chance of finding something that you like. His pictures were all very nicely composed, with great colors, and my favorites were of the outdoor art pieces upstate. His note about being held by his belt to get the best angle for a picture was also fun to hear about. I admire his passion for his craft, and those lengths demonstrate that passion well. Another useful tip given in the presentation was to remember to change your life up a bit from time to time — seeing the same things every day from the same perspective can get boring. This is especially true in these days of COVID, where we are mostly shut up in our homes for days on end. I took this as a reminder to add more variation to my routine and perhaps go outside a bit more. The presentation allowed us to gain some knowledge and life tips from Michael’s experience which I am thankful for.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.