The Beauty of Confusion

Arts in NYC Forums T.S. Painting – Migration Stories The Beauty of Confusion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1444
    elange
    Participant

Formless, yet full of so much meaning, abstract or non-figurative art has a deeper beauty then first meets the eye. Vague shapes express themselves at the whim of the audience’s subconscious. Although figurative art is wonderful, I can’t help but fall in love with the great adventure that comes with interpreting abstract art. Having the great visual artist Tara Sabharwal visit and speak through her art was a wonderful and enriching experience, helping me better understand something I have been wondering for a long time, how artists keep their creativity flowing for their entire lives. Her abstract pieces are some of my favorite paintings, as I can see both similarities in the long deformed figures to my favorite abstract artist at the moment, Miro, and the differences of her own unique style and cultural background.

Also, it was very interesting to hear about her creative journey through different artistic styles, growing from the figurative pieces of her university days to her newer more abstract works. I never thought about how visual artists would also be constantly changing their style, similar to musicians and other creatives. It was also very interesting to hear about her creative process, in which through use of a variety of painting techniques, Sabharwal would keep painting feeling fresh and exciting. This reminded me that, even though I am in a singular major, I should always be changing tiny things and having new experiences to keep my life and major fresh and exciting as well. Finally, hearing her explain her obstacles and troubles and how she overcame them helped me to understand that everyone, even those who have “made it” in their field, struggle with trivial things. People should not put such extreme pressure on themselves to do everything perfectly, as everyone experiences problems and fails in some part. The most important thing is to continue with what you enjoy, some step at a time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.