© 2012 elissa

Alternative…

Wouldn’t it be great if everyone in the world pooled all the money they had together and fixed up the slums of the cities, the poor villages of underdeveloped nations and the under privileged people who lived in these place. Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was enough money to pay for everyone’s medical bills so if someone was diagnosed with a fatal disease they wouldn’t have to worry about being in debt. Wouldn’t it be fun if instead of cities our houses and villages and commercial centers were not constructed by the destruction of trees and foliation, but by the utilization of nature’s heights and denseness. Our houses would be built in pockets between the trees with stone pathways acting as means of transportation. Instead of skyscrapers there would be levels and levels of tree houses going up the tallest of trees and their branches. Instead of highways there would be a series of intricate tree ropes and swings that would allow us to swing from one tree to another with ease and eventually get us where we needed to go. What if money didn’t exist? What if people were naturally honest and selfless and we just worked knowing that we were benefitting our civilization as a whole? We would drink water from the ever-flowing rivers and find a way to grow and harvest plants year round. The women would wear dresses made from flowers and the men would find a way to provide for their families. Little girls would grow up to become whatever they wanted, as would little boys. Of course we would all have the knowledge we have today about physics, chemistry, science, literature, mathematics, and the arts, however we would CHOOSE to live a more simple life, where we are not caught up in the materials or the demands or the stresses of life. We would all have a job, and we would all do our jobs well because we wouldn’t want to spend our life doing anything else. As I think about this I contemplate whether every job would have a person who would dream of doing that particular job, or would there be an abundance of people in one job, without many people in another. However as I think of this, I realize that in order to dream of this imaginary world, I mustn’t think of realistic problems….it will all work out in the end because it is imaginary.