New York in Words

For this art assignment, I was to take a picture of something that had words in it. For example I could stand on the sidewalk and take pictures of people because although you couldn’t see or hear their words through the picture, the position of their mouths and their body language made you know that they were talking, and so that’s an example of New York in words.

This painting that I chose to take a picture of was recently painted on the side of my elementary school building, and as I passed by it everyday I was in complete awe of it but never got the chance to see it up close. As soon as I received this assignment, I just knew that this is what I wanted to take a picture of. I haven’t really been past the gates of my elementary school since my youngest sibling graduated from there, so I was hit with a wave of nostalgia and so many memories of being in the school. I missed the school and the teachers and I was happy to be back. I love this painting and I hope the kids can learn from the words in the painting, everyday that they walk past it.