Introduction

Hey there! My name is Sandra Uloko. I am a first year macaulay honors student at the City College of New York. I am currently a biology major on the pre-med track. I am hard working, resilient, and determined to achieve my goals. I aspire to become a medical doctor in the future, preferably a pediatrician. I am of African descent and I am the 2nd child in a family of 5. In my free time I love to try new things. I love to paint, color, travel and explore new places. I believe that I make the most out of every situation that I am presented with and I always try to focus on the good side of things. One of my greatest strengths is that I am a good listener and I am very observant. I am still learning and growing everyday and I can’t wait to see where God takes me. 

During my first semester at City College, I feel as though I have learned so much in this short amount of time. One of my favorite classes of the semester was my MHC Arts class. I has been almost 8 years since I last took an art class, and this class gave me a new perspective on art. I was always in performing arts in school, but I never once looked at pieces created by people and actually studied, until having my MHC class. In my MHC class, I was giving the assignment to watch the movie “Black Orpheus”, and the movie was truly beautiful, and the art forms were very unique. I learned a lot about are through that movie and I would 10/10 recommend it to someone else. 

Something that I hope to accomplish in the years to come is to study abroad. I’ve always been interested in study abroad programs and it is something that I really hope to get the opportunity to do in the future. One class that I would eventually like to take is criminal justice. I know it doesn’t really apply to my major but it is something that I find very interesting. I had taken criminal justice as a “college now” course in highschool but due to covid and quarantine, I didn’t really get the experience that I was hoping for; such as doing mock trials. I am actually hoping to do a study abroad program for a criminal justice course. 

I hope my education takes me to one day becoming a medical doctor. I am leaning towards pediatrics and an area of specialty that I am interested in, because I have worked with kids for a really long time, and it is something that I genuinely enjoy doing. I also love to take care of people and help in any way that I can. I had the opportunity of graduating from Curtis highschools’ Licensed practical nurse program, and as an LPN, I have been to a few nursing homes and schools and hospitals and taken care of ealderly patients, and I can see myself working in those types of environments in the future.