Digital Image Manipulation

One of my favorite assignments in my MHC arts class was the digital image manipulation assignment. The assignment was to take a picture of something and manipulate it in any way you wanted, using filters, colors, overlapping more images on it, stickers; anything you could think of.

To let you in on the back story, I had in mind to go to snug harbor, located in my home town Staten Island, to take a picture of this beautiful bridge and manipulate it, but at the time that I went in the early hours of the morning, I was greeted with locked gates. I sat in my car contemplating what I should do, and I saw a man and his dog crawling out from underneath the fence. I was tempted to crawl underneath as well and be in and out but the sign that said “do not hop the fence or trespass” just wouldn’t let me. Or maybe I was just tired because I usually don’t shy away from taking risks and maybe if it wasn’t so early in the morning I probably would have hopped the fence. But that’s besides the point. I ended up taking a picture of the houses in my neighborhood and the front lawns because they all pretty much look alike. And then I used a filter from tiktok that was trending at the time, to give my picture a fall aesthetic. I really enjoyed this project and I think it is something that I would like to do more often.