The Arts in NYC Fall 2012

Join this site

If you want to add yourself as a user, please log in, using your existing Macaulay Eportfolio account.

Site menu:

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives

Art Around the City

December 2012
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

RSS New York Times Arts Section

AIDA

After a good meal of Korean grilled Barbeque in K-town, I headed down to Lincoln Center via 1 train. As I walked up the stairs out of the subway station, I got lost. The area was filled with grandeur buildings that I was unsure which was the Lincoln Center. So I had to ask random people my way to the opera house. When I finally got to the location, I was overwhelmed with luxurious interior and architectures.

After I got my ticket, I headed to my seat. I was kind of disappointed to be in all the way back since we had such great seats at Complexions. The first act, in my opinion, was very tedious. I couldn’t help myself and fell a sleep to be honest. However, after the first intermission, I was on the edge of my seat. I was pleased to experience the grand scale of the opera.

Act 2,3, and 4 were much more interesting. These latter acts were grander in a manner, emotional, and attention grabbing. I liked the very last part where Amneris is emotionally doomed. She expressed her inner conflict between her love and hatred towards Radames very well.

Overall, Opera was a new and classy experience for me. I loved the settings and the scales of the opera. Even though I thought it was very lengthy as the performers repeated the same verses over and over, I really enjoyed it and look forward to watch another one in future.

Write a comment