David Hadaller

photo

A Brief Introduction:

I’m David Hadaller, a Chemical Engineering student at the Grove School. I come from Orange County, New York, although I was born in the Bronx. I’m kind of a book nerd; I enjoy reading on subjects as disparate as Classic American Literature, Nanotechnology, Ancient Civilization and current World Bank Group economic policies. Basically, I like to read on anything that has to do with the richness of human experience; from what we can create, to what we feel and how we relate to each other on a personal and institutional level.

I love to be creative, too. Growing up, I always put my imagination to paper, and although I don’t have as much time as I used to, I still love to break out the sketchpad and draw once in a while. I dabble a little in web design as well, although I now prefer using WordPress to actually hand-coding my web pages; here’s one of my sites, and here’s another.

Even though, as an engineer, science will be the mainstay of my career, I can’t honestly say how the scientific method really works. If you consult Plato and Aristotle, it shouldn’t; deductive logic dictates that inductive reasoning (the form of logic science is based upon) is faulty by nature, since it gives rise to the fallacy of “hasty generalizations.” So, with that said, I am very eager to learn about the science of science itself as we progress further into the course.