Sari Weisenberg

Hi everyone!

I’m Sari Weisenberg. As of right now, I’m an Electronic Design & Multimedia major, but I’m also considering a double major in either Studio Art or Art History. I was born and raised in Long Island. I’ve always been an artist but I have a lot of other interests! I’m a bit of a tea snob, I have a serious shoe problem, I hoard art books and supplies, and I like to go on really long walks with no particular destination. I listen to all different kinds of music, everything from The White Stripes to Drake– my taste doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I do read about art, mostly, but I’ve always enjoyed science. I believe that there’s more overlap between art and science than people think– I’m hoping to eventually go into art conservation and curation, and I think that at least a somewhat scientific mind can really be a wonderful thing for an artist.

I find myself to be a pretty silly and approachable person. We really couldn’t have anything serious without a lot of things being silly, if you think about it– it’s a codependency of opposites, a balance. As an artist, I like to take something silly and shape it into something more serious, to bend what we think we see. I don’t believe in visual limits; there’s always more to explore in art.

I think that same notion can and should apply to science. I started at CCNY as a Chemistry and Studio Art double major, and while that wasn’t for me, that doesn’t mean that my appreciation of science is gone. I’m excited for this course because I’m really interested in learning more about the impact that science has in the city! This is a different approach than any science class I was once used to, and I think that’ll be really fun.

*I am judging Lisa for her terrible joke and I will happily swim down whatever river I want. Please see her post for further information.