Protest Art

There's No Planet B | Climate change art, Climate change, Protest signs

I chose this piece simply because it has a message that is so simple and yet so powerful. Personally I do not like to get involved with politics or with protests, not because they are unimportant but because in the current environment there is so much disrespect among people who share different views. The issue of preserving and protecting our planet, however, is an issue that all people of good hearts and intentions can agree is an important one, whether you believe in climate change/global warming or not. Even when science and research can be denied, you cannot ignore what you see with your own eyes, which is a planned which is becoming more and more polluted each day. I cannot for the life of me remember the last time I looked up and saw stars, either because of the light pollution or due to a cloud of smog sitting heavily on the horizon over NYC. It makes me sad that when quarantine first started, the earth began to heal, which proves that we as the human race have acted more or less as parasites to God’s green Earth in the past centuries. We cannot wait until the earth we stand on is on the brink of deterioration, when the animals have all but become extinct and the world is nothing more than concrete jungles and toxic waste. We must act now to repair the damage we have caused and ensure that there is a future on this planet, because it is all we have. What is the use in fighting for a better life when there may not be a world to live on?

One thought on “Protest Art