Sarah Dunford

Hello, my name is Sarah Dunford. I was born in Washington Heights and moved to the suburbs when I was four. New York City, however, has always been a vital part of my upbringing; my parents love the city, and they passed that love down to me and my siblings. To this day, my family visits a different place in the city nearly every weekend, and I’ve learned so much throughout my life from walking around and exploring this wonderful place.

I’m a civil engineering major with a passion for theatre, and one day I hope to design sets for Broadway shows. I have quite an eclectic set of interests, which includes putting together jigsaw puzzles, baking pies, folding paper cranes, thrift shopping, and playing guitar. I love new experiences, and I can’t wait for the next adventure!

arts in nyc picture

My sister took this picture in a mirror we found on a New York City street. It was taken the summer before my junior year of high school. To me, it represents everything that has changed since then, and everything that remains the same.