Lucia Lopez

Hi, my name is Lucia Lopez. I’m from Brooklyn and I commute to CCNY. It’s almost a 2-hour commute but I don’t really mind because I get to sleep or get stuff done on the train. For now, I want to double-major in History and Spanish, but I might change Spanish to Psychology or Political Science. The career that interests me the most right now is teaching, and I’m torn between wanting to teach high school Social Studies or kindergarten/elementary school. Working for the United Nations also seems like a career I would like, but I’m using my time in college to figure out what I want to do. If I have the opportunity, I want to serve in the Peace Corps when I graduate because I want to use my passion for human rights activism and my love for traveling to help people who don’t have the resources I or others have had to prosper.

My parents are Peruvian and Argentinian, and I speak Spanish and English fluently. I’ve been to both countries, and I really want to go back to see my family. I also want to travel to other countries, like India, Italy, and Brazil. I like playing volleyball for fun, cooking, and going out with my friends. I also love listening to music; I mainly listen to rock, rap, and music in Spanish. Some of my favorite artists in these genres are Arctic Monkeys, J Cole, and Marc Anthony. 🙂