A Movie Similar to Let the Great World Spin

Forums Class Discussion Poems and other readings A Movie Similar to Let the Great World Spin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #291
    Anthony Viola
    Participant

One of my favorite movies of all time is Crash, one that evoked positive reviews from critics and won many Academy Awards. When I was halfway through Let the Great World Spin, I connected them based on two elements. The first is that a main segment of each plot revolves around a car accident. In Let the Great World Spin, Corrigan and Jazzlyn’s death paved the way for the rest of the novel. In Crash, the opening and closing scenes involve one car accident that brings the entirety of the story and roles together. The second element that makes them similar is the way each character interweaves their story with that of the others. We see each character having either a slight or major impact on almost every other character introduced in the novel, even though they all come from different walks of life. This same ideology is produced in Crash, where we see how each character’s background plays a role in all the rest of them. If you enjoyed the novel, I highly suggest sitting down and watching Crash. It was beautifully directed, and although it takes place in Los Angeles rather than New York, it still makes for a great way to pass your free time.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Anthony Viola.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.