Just a Man In the Air

Forums Class Discussion Films and photographs Just a Man In the Air

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #627
    Antonio Lopez
    Participant

I finished watching Man In the Sky,and I have to say that I was really intrigued by the presentation of the film. At first, I was really confused. I wasn’t sure if I was watching home videos, reenactments, or what! As the film progressed I realized how these events they were depicting were to specific or dangerous to have a camera around. I thought it was a really interesting design choice to have the film be half reenactments, half real video, an half interview, but to have the reenactment and real video of the time with similar aesthetics and filters. It made the whole film experience more engaging and interesting to watch, instead of just having the interviews and the occasional photograph. Besides that interesting design choice, I also enjoyed Petit’s story thoroughly! I really admire his drive to do accomplish his dream. How much he planned his journey and how he didn’t feel betrayed by his friends who backed down- because he knew the severity of the task in front of him. I also loved seeing the photograph that was featured in Let the Great World Spin during the middle/end of the film. It was a nice “Easter Egg” of sorts. The only thing I found surprising was that Petit wasn’t charged with the “penny for each floor” like he was in the novel. I don’t why, I just sort of assumed that part of the novel was true, although in hindsight it seems kind of whimsical. Overall, I really enjoyed this film. Now, part of me wants to watch The Walk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.