Bruce Davidson: A Moment in Central Park

Forums Class Discussion Films and photographs Bruce Davidson: A Moment in Central Park

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #628
    Anthony Alston
    Participant

http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult&ALID=2K7O3RNC0S6#/SearchResult&ALID=2K7O3RNC0S6&VBID=2K1HZOLE6YJVHF
    (The First One)
    This photo, taken in central park by Bruce Davidson, is so aesthetically appealing that I can only wonder how Davidson was able to obtain such a picturesque view. This picture appeals to my love of wildlife, my appreciation for nature, and my favor towards the two conflicting aspects of the city depicted in this photo. Furthermore, I adore how the surrounding plants and tree are used to frame this scene further heightening the beauty of this photograph. Davidson is able to capture such precise details such as the ripples in the water, the reflection of the tree in the water, and the feathers of the young swans. In contrast to the usual preconceptions that many have about New York City, the metropolitan, urban part of the city is found in the background while the nature of the city is the main attraction of this photo. The juxtaposition of the beautiful nature and the astounding skyscrapers makes this picture definitely one of my favorites.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.