"Petit" Figure In The Sky

Forums Class Discussion Films and photographs "Petit" Figure In The Sky

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Viola
    Participant

I just finished watching Man on Wire and I couldn’t help but to feel an overwhelming sense of joy for two reasons. The first is the accomplishments that Philippe worked through. He literally traveled the world to wirewalk. I had somewhat of a recollection about the Notre Dame walk but had no idea he did one in Sydney as well. His aspiration to travel the world and perform for people inspires me. The second is his success in doing the illegal but not breaking any morals. At one point in the video, his friend Jean-Louis stated how the illegal activity of walking between the two towers of Notre Dame got him excited because they weren’t committing a sin. I liked that outlook of it.

The only part that saddened me was at the end. It disappointed me that the Twin Towers signified the end of his and Anne’s relationship. Aside from that, the documentary was incredibly inspiring as it used real-life footage and captured the voice of all the people who participated in the achievement as well.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Anthony Viola.
    Joseph Shaker
    Participant

I agree with your point about doing something illegal that isn’t wrong morally. Even though it is a bit off topic I think it is a real problem today that we still have with the law and hopefully some things will change in that respect

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.