Chris Ciminelli- A Tribute in Light

Although it was quite difficult to photograph the Tribute in Light I managed to get a decent photo. The clouds and fog may have seemed like an obstacle but they create a pretty interesting effect with the photo. It was taken at 9:28 pm, close to Jamaica Queens, while I was on the LIRR train heading home.  I was amongst many amazed commuters capturing this photo, as it was hard to find a clear spot to photograph it. I feel that photo, even though taken with a camera phone, is able to produce some pretty interesting effects. The lighting pretty much makes the photo, as the Tribute in Light illuminates the sky and the bright light post shines on the numerous railroad tracks. It really goes to show how far you were able to see the memorial, even with the weather issues. The two monstrous beams of light shine way up in the sky, as if they are reaching to heaven. This symbolizes, in my point of view, how the fallen are still connected with America today in spirit Overall I feel that the Tribute in Light is very calming and allows you to remember all the events of 9/11.

This entry was posted in Tribute. Bookmark the permalink.