Remembrance

A picture is worth a thousand words. Yet sometimes, it is capable of doing much more than that. It brings to life the flurry of feelings laying dormant within ourselves, untouched with the lapse of time. An image evokes the deepest, most visceral reactions we can yield. It is 10:24 PM and I gaze at the two translucent streams of light that transcend the skyline and aspire to the skies. They illuminate the clouds and the image resembles a spiritual ascension, one to a place with no pain, sorrow, or fear. I remember being too young to understand the gravity and the horror. I recall the loss of a thousand lives and more-just a number at the time. Now I see what the pictures have always captured. No clock can be turned back to make an absence a presence. No building will replace the ashes that have become ingrained with the earth. It is a void-one that cannot be replaced with anything concrete. It is the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks. Though the picture may be blurry, I hope you can see and feel what I see and feel. An unknown abyss that provides a soft, ethereal light to alleviate an overwhelming hollow sensation.

This entry was posted in Tribute. Bookmark the permalink.