Bryant Park – Constantine Christodouloou

The giants emerge from behind the trees unexpectedly. They stand with strength, hiding the sun from those who dwell in the trees. The tree’s quickly try to cover those who dwell before they are exposed to this intruder, but fail as the tree line is no match for these massive beings. Mother Nature quickly finds herself surrounded. She is no longer at her prime. The giants though leave Mother Nature without a blemish. They stand tall, influencing the horizon but leave the trees untouched. Over time they blend in as one. They become part of the landscape, part of the experience, and part of the emotion.

This entry was posted in Snapshot to Ekphrasis. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Bryant Park – Constantine Christodouloou

1. josephderosa says:

I really like the juxtaposition between the essence of nature and the tall buildings in the background. I think this makes a great picture for the Snapshot NYC contest, and I like the aura of nature that emerges from the contrast of the foreground and background a lot.

2. jgeorge says:

This is an intriguing start but I am somewhat distracted by the abstraction: buildings are giants; I’m unsure who or what “those who dwell” in the trees are; “massive beings” are, I presume, also the buildings; and Mother Nature, then, is apparently set in opposition to the animate-sense of the buildings. I wonder what would happen if you let buildings be buildings and trees be trees and deal with them as present things, there in front of of you, rather than as abstractions?