Jun 01 2009

T minus 48 Hours

Published by under Uncategorized

In less than 48 hours we will be in the air, on our way to Accra.  Incredible!  Packing is a focus at this point, as is taking anti-malaria medication.  Saying goodbye to family, friends, and colleagues is difficult but excitement abounds for the service program and for forging new connections!  Back to packing…

3 Responses to “T minus 48 Hours”

1.   Naseeba Ramjanon 03 Jun 2009 at 8:43 am

The day has arrived! I am almost done packing (finally). I’m making sure I haven’t forgotten the most obvious of things, because I have the strangest fear that that’s precisely what’s going to happen. I am hoping that my suitcase isn’t overweight since I don’t have a scale. I sent a mass text message to let my loved ones know that I won’t be reachable by phone. This is an amazing way to start the summer and I’m excited, nervous, pre-homesick, and impatient! It’s a little overwhelming but I’ve got enough to do to prevent me from dwelling on this mixture of feelings. This is still sort of surreal to me. Well, I’ve got to pack my laptop now, so …

2.   jcortezon 02 Jun 2009 at 2:46 pm

I can’t wait to leave already; packing, making lists, buying last minute items, and wondering if my clothes are weather appropriate and modest has made me anxious to just be there and finally experience Ghana.

We have schedules, passports, shots, and pictures to make this a reality and I’m anticipating a great experience..

3.   Lena Tuckon 02 Jun 2009 at 10:36 am

The day has almost arrived and I continue to be excited! I imagine like most within our group these last 24 hrs before departure will be spent packing, saying goodbye, and remembering to take my anti-malaria pills!

I’m truly looking forward to this experience; how it will change me and those I encounter…