The Subway dream

After experimenting with different shots and locations in the subway, my group has decided to do a story based around a girl passing through the subway. She dreams of almost every situation possible whether is bad or good.  We filmed outside the Q station in avenue H. There, we saw a rocking chair which we used to show the girl (Michelle) sleeping and waking up from the dream. While in the avenue H station, we shot a clip of her experiencing a bad event, which was her being followed by a creep. This is one of the several unfortunate situations that could be experienced in the subway. Interestingly enough, most of our situations will be negative since the best thing that can happen in the subway can be going to your destination as fast as possible without experiencing any delays. The upcoming negative events could possibly include : bad A/C, loud passengers, angry beggars, and, of course, train delays. Fortunately, this picture that is displayed here is a positive side of visiting the subway. This picture was taken after the journey to the Q was taken and 42nd was visited. Here, we see a band playing in the center of the station. The significance behind this is that these people had the freedom express their music. They also let out some inspiring quotes before transitioning from songs such as “Do not let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do”. I noticed one other group singing in this station when I took the pictures. The difference was that they were college kids and I knew they were college kids because they had a sign that said “broke college kids, ya feel?”. I feel like this is a remainder that everyone is working hard to make a living and they will do whatever it takes to achieve their dreams. I’ve started to see  that taking the subway is a symbol of “the grind” the never ending journey to achieve one’s passions

This entry was posted in Due Nov. 7th @noon, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The Subway dream

1. Samantha Paucar says:

I am really fascinated by the narrative you are creating around the subway. The story forming seems to be entertaining and fun despite the fact that it is focused on such mundane and sometimes annoying thing. I think this entertaining quality comes from the fact that you are doing a very good job of being relatable. It will be easy for us as audience members to put ourselves into the situations you are presenting. Additionally, the message of your piece will also resonate with many of us given that it relates to achieving goals. Since we can relate to the idea of setting and accomplishing goals, your piece may cause viewers to be introspective and consider how, why or if they are even striving to achieve something.