Visit #2

The second visit to our site really brought together everything that we were thinking of doing. It gave us a much more defined and structured plot, an effective way to incorporate our urban space, and a better feeling of what our plan was for the final piece. We were able to finalize our decision of specifically which subway to use and even focused on a specific station. Our idea for the Urban Space iMovie is to create almost a dream-like setting while incorporating significant events we have seen, heard, and felt while on the subway line. The subway is a very diverse place in of itself from the smells, sights, sounds, and overall atmosphere it is a world of its own. We wanted to show what the subway is like while still creating a story focused on a girl and her flashbacks to the train ride or rides she has taken in the past. Although it may seem at parts to stray from the sight, we always bring it back with flashbacks or eerie videos of the subway in its prime.

The thing I love about the Q line is that although it is a new subway line, there is still a sense of age to it and every time I pass over the bridge and see the city as a whole, I get this familiar feeling that almost brings me back in time. The view is absolutely breathtaking and its so interesting to see others on this line because they do not even for a second look up from their phones to see what could be one of the most beautiful views of New York City. Every time I am on this line I am simply mesmerized by it, and that is something else we would like to capture in this iMovie. Even something as insignificant as a subway line has the power to capture a whole new world of experiences.

This entry was posted in Due Nov. 7th @noon, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Visit #2

1. Joyce says:

I really like your video idea and am excited for this nostalgic vibe that is brought out from a girl who has flashbacks of her past train rides. It is an interesting take on bringing out the different aspects of the subway and I look forward to the way you and your group will be putting this together with the flashbacks and eerie videos. I also never looked to see the view along the Q line and I definitely want to see these things captured in your video.

2. Tara Chowdhury says:

Not only is this picture gorgeous, but I love this idea! I can’t wait to see how you do the flashbacks and what aspects of the ride her flashbacks center around. I also didn’t think of capturing sound or smell in the IMovie and can’t wait to see how you tackle that. Especially because I haven’t seen the Q line, I’m excited for your representation and to relate my experiences on the subway with it!

3. Jason Qu says:

I think your project proposal is incredibly interesting and I look forward to seeing your group present. This post really gave me a new perspective on how the subway helps demonstrate other features of New York City. This is especially true because I never gave much thought to the vibrant nature of the city through the lens of the Q line, which is usually a source of drudgery and a sense of dread (like all other subway lines). Also, I think your group’s idea to use a video, as compared to more technical analysis of the subway line is a really innovative and thoughtful idea to show not only what the Q line stands for but what it represents from the view of a single person.