Definitely Eden

I’ve lived in New York my entire life, so I really can’t imagine living anywhere else. Some may associate New York as a very dangerous or frustrating place (with all the rude people and traffic), but I personally think it’s one of the greatest places to live in. New York is fun, lively, convenient, cultural, diverse, and full of opportunities… The list just goes on and on. How can you ever get bored in a city like this? There is so much to do! For the past decade or so, I’ve lived in Queens. Compared to the city, it’s a lot less crowded (except in Flushing). I love living in Queens though. Living in a quiet neighborhood allows me to appreciate the city more, since I was only able to go on occasion.

My favorite part of New York City is definitely the Broadway shows. I saw my first show when I was about thirteen. My family and I watched Beauty and the Beast and I was completely fascinated with the incredible setting, costumes, acting, and of course, the singing. Ever since that show, I became a Broadway fanatic, always looking for opportunities to persuade my mother to buy me tickets to another show. There is such a variety in theater and other forms of entertainment in New York. There are works of art everywhere in our city, from the skyscrapers to the random street performances. New York also has so many famous landmarks such as Rockefeller Center, Columbus Circle and Central Park. There are a ton of places to explore and learn from.

Another great thing about New York is the FOOD. There are restaurants here from practically every culture in the world. French, Russian, Indian, Chinese restaurants can all be found on the same block! Where else can you find such variety? In Chinatown, there is an endless supply of Chinese food. Walk a few blocks down, and you’re in Little Italy, where you can have an elaborate Italian feast. I don’t know about you, but I find this pretty amazing.

Other than its cultural diversity, New York is also known for its convenient public transportation system. The MTA service is usually pretty reliable for me. I’m able to get to wherever I need to go quite easily. I could literally go anywhere I desire with the swipe of a MetroCard. The trains and buses come so frequently; I barely have to wait! The only negative outcome from this is that I rely a bit too much on public transportation and have no motivation to get my driver’s license. But on the other hand, why would I want to drive and deal with all that traffic when I can just step onto a bus or train and let MTA do the work? (and gas is EXPENSIVE these days!)

I know New York may be a bit overcrowded and dirty sometimes, but I think the qualities above make up for these flaws. I still can’t imagine living anywhere other than New York. There is so much to experience here, and so much more I have to learn about this city…and that’s why I’m in Macaulay!

This entry was posted in 11.Eden/inferno, Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Definitely Eden

1. Firmenumzug says:

Thanks for the wonderful blog, glad that I am here, keep up the good work.