After class, some of my classmates and I went to Mona to eat food. Afterwards, we went to the professor’s place to collect laundry that was not fully dry the day before. Instead of collecting my clothes however, I wound up serving as a Chinese translator for my professor and the person who lived right above him. There were issues with the plumbing on the floor upstairs and the person who lived upstairs had limited English and Spanish skills and so could only communicate in Chinese. After relaying messages back and forth, things worked out, and I was to go the next day to confirm that everything would work out.

Afterwards, I wound up sticking around to get some work done on my paper and waited around for other classmates that were doing laundry. However, a few hours later a blackout occurred and we were unable to get any work done. As a result, after staying around for a while longer, we headed back to the hotel, with the other people planning on getting their clothes the next day after the power went back on and the clothes were washed and dried.