Two Shabbatot Ago, in Short. And Last Shabbos, Even Shorter.

I mentioned that I had been trying to get together with my friend Rachel in England, but we kept having conflicts. So I called her up and asked about shabbos!

She lives in Stanmore, at the end of the Jubilee line, which doesn’t run by King’s Cross. So I had to take the Metropolitan line and switch, and I was running late and the line got delayed and I juuuuuust made it for shabbos.

I had a wonderful time, met a lot of her family and her husband and her absolutely adorable baby boy. We went to shul, despite the ran, and we walked around the neighborhood later, and she gave me a tour. Saturday night we went out to see No Strings Attached and I tried some more British chocolate.

And last shabbos Dasi and I stayed in the dorm. We went to Chabad for Friday night, and met mostly French and Israelis staying in London. Shabbos day we ate at Bracha’s flat, which is literally just down the road. She’s a graduated Macaulay student, studying in London for grad school. After lunch we walked to the British Museum for a bit before coming back.

This week, I’m going to Cardiff! We’ll see how it goes!