Reflection on Journaling

When I look back at the journal entries I have done thus far, I reflect on the writing process I went through for each of them. They each required different forms, styles, and diction. One thing I kept throughout was my voice, however, between summarizing and using my opinion, it is hard to see where my voice comes to light. I like the fact that I conveyed the ideas that I wanted to get across. When I would read the prompt, I would focus in on one specific point and then elaborate. However, the downside to this is how I worded some of my sentencing. I felt not only could I have been more informal, but the choice of words I used could be misinterpreted sometimes. This may make it difficult to understand wholly what I am trying to say sometimes.

The main difference between journaling and note-taking is that journaling requires more internal thought while note-taking usually follows ideas that are voiced in class or created during the reading/watching of a piece. They both are structural and both seek to build on a topic within a writing or media work.

I enjoy creating these journal entries, however, I wish there was more of a clear understanding of how much I should write. Although I reflected mostly on my own entries, I couldn’t help but to compare them to that of others. I find that I write less content than others do. It makes me question whether or not I am doing enough or not enough at all. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the work I have put out and look forward to doing more.