Props in the Fall for Dance

I was surprised to see that the Fall For Dance Festival lacked the use of props and did not have much scenery.   In the first act, which was tap dancing, the removable wooden floor piece in the front and the platforms in the rear were props that were necessary for the dancers to perform.  The one prop that I did, in fact, notice during the duration of the four acts was the handkerchief in the second act.  The handkerchief was vital to that act because it relayed to the audience, without the use of words, the trickery and deceit that one man was under the impression that was taking place.  Since this was a dance performance, as opposed to a musical or play, I had the notion that the use of props would be less likely, which it happened to be.

One thought on “Props in the Fall for Dance

1. Michael Franco

Music- In the first piece, the “Sound Space Tap Dance,” I thought it was amazing to hear how each individual’s rhythm blended together into a harmony of sounds. Their melodies created discrete, mathematical, metric units of sound that made the dance truly come to life.