The Rubin Museum

What fascinated me the most about the Rubin Museum was the fact that it was not a typical museum with just art exhibits. One particular aspect of the museum is the focus on the World Is Sound. The exhibition illustrates what is heard rather than what is written or seen. It also emphasizes the message of the power in listening and sound. Two places that stood out to me in the World Is Sound were the room of “Oms” and the centerpiece of the museum which is the staircase. A common theme between the two places is the sound coming from all around and not from just one area. The sound waves were panoramic in that I saw the direction of sound in a sweeping pose. The first thing that was pointed out to us in the museum was the staircase. The staircase was the prominent piece of the museum. It displayed an alluring illusion of artwork. In the room of ‘Oms,” the “Oms” included different tones and texture of voices. Overall, I underestimated the aesthetic value of sound until I went to this museum.

Image result

0