header image

Landing in Guilin

Posted by: | June 10, 2009 Comments Off on Landing in Guilin |

Okay, so I know I’ve been delinquint with my blogging, and I have tons of pictures that I have not yet uploaded, but from here on out, I’m gonna try my best to blog about something everyday day of the week for the rest of the trip.  Even if it means that I have to sacrifice valuable homework time to do so. =]  So like the title says, I’ve landed in Guilin, been here since 8 PM, but we didn’t get to the hotel until about 11:30 PM.  We had to wait at the airport for an hour waiting for our group members that went to the Hong Kong/Shenzhen side trip.  But alls good, we played an hour of pool at the airport – yes, pool.  Crappy pool, but still pool.  I’m actually not rooming with who I wanted to in the first place, but let’s see if I can switch when we get to Yangshuo tomorrow.  It’s going to be a really short side trip, but hopefully we get to take in a lot of the place.  From Yangshuo, we will bus back to Guilin the day after next and will board a plane back to Nanjing that evening.  So, pictures will be posted, I guarantee, but it will have to wait until I get back to Nanjing.

So far, I have a decent impression of Guilin, it’s supposed to be a beautiful place here when it’s light out and I can actually see stuff.  And everyone here is very ecofriendly given the natural environment that they live in.  The hotels have low pressure showers and faucets, and their air conditioner is actually not that cold.  Guilin is apparently famous for their massages, and that’s seen in the hotels too, with foot massage slippers, and a foot massage mat in the shower.  Since it’s pretty late right now, I’m gonna try to get some work done, and then head of to sleep.  I have to wake up tomorrow at 6:30 to prepare for check out and start our adventures in paradise.

P.S. It’s raining here, thus making it slightly cooler than usual.  So it rains in China, and I love rain in China because it just really cools the place down, unlike the warm summer showers in New York City.

under: China, Study Abroad, Summer 2009, Travel

Categories