The Asian Women In Business Scholarship encourages and promotes exceptional Asian female students who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership, community service and/ or entrepreneurship. The deadline for completed applications is October 1, 2014.
Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian or Pacific Islander ancestry. This includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. Applicants must also be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Candidates must also fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a demonstrated leadership role in a community endeavor and/or a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award and have completed at least one semester of undergraduate study.
- Carry a minimum GPA of 3.0 on their college transcript.
- Provide the most recent college transcript.
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application
Scholarship winners will receive $2,500, and may be considered for an additional need-based award of $2,500 if they submit a copy of their current FAFSA form and their 2014-2015 Financial Aid Award Letter.
If you are considering applying, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to talk with you about the application and the required essays.