“I like collecting buttons. I have a jean jacket and it’s filled with a bunch of different buttons. I decided to buy this one because a lot of people think that same-sex marriage is the end of what ‘the gays’ want. That’s it. The fight’s over. But that’s complete bullsh*t because there are plenty of other aspects that get brushed to the side. There shouldn’t be a stigma about not being heterosexual. I shouldn’t have to be wary when meeting people for the first time and try and censor the way I act or who I am just because it’s not spoken about or addressed in public. Everything we perceive about sex is a social construct, and that’s where all the problems stem from. If labels weren’t created by society, society wouldn’t feel the need to make certain ones taboo. It’s all just a way to fit people into boxes because we, as humans, just don’t like the idea of things being abstract. Even with the idea of abstract art, what’s the first thing they ask you when you look at it? ‘What do you see in this? What does it mean to you?’ Well, why does it have to look like anything? Why can’t I just say it’s beautiful? I don’t have to be, like, ‘Well, there’s a giraffe, and if you look over here, there’s a dolphin.’ No. It’s a piece of art that someone put their time, effort, and creativity into, and I should be able to accept it without having to put it in a box so that it makes more sense to me.”