An Introduction

Hello! My name is Joeleen Moy. I am a commuter living in the LES, hoping to major in Journalism.  I grew up on Long Island in Suffolk County but I have always considered the city as my second home.  Every week my parents would drive my sister and I out to go to church and visit our gram.  Occasionally we spent weekends touring museums or exploring the city.  Through these trips and the friends I made in the city, I’ve grown to love the diverse and unique spirit of the city and I’m excited to study here.

Here’s a cover of a Radiohead song by Regina Spektor that I love:

I would best describe myself as a dabbler/’jack of all trades.’ In high school I played volleyball, and was a captain on the fencing team.  I played the clarinet and oboe in band, play the guitar and piano for fun.  I enjoy art of almost all kinds and though I do ‘dabble’ in creating art (photography, sketches, etc,) I don’t really pursue it seriously.  You can check out some of my photos on my flickr. (Disclaimer: I haven’t uploaded pictures in a very long time, but theres a lot of old stuff there.) Likewise my taste in music is eclectic, ranging from Kendrick to Coldplay to Beirut to JT to Weezer- across almost all genre borders.  I’m usually not picky unless it has to do with clothing, I’m always up to try new things, and I’m glad that New York and Baruch have the resources for me to enjoy these next four years.

An Introduction — 2 Comments