C is for … Christine!

Hello, I am Christine Yan!

I was born and raised in New York. I am a fairly optimistic and happy person. I have three (annoying but lovable) siblings and a cute little fishbetafish  (his name is Nemo and no he’s not a clown fish)

Currently I am interested in studying accounting. Although I am still open to exploring other areas of business, I am most intrigued by accounting. This curiosity probably sprouted when I was young; my mother is an accountant but also a Baruch alumni. She inspired me to study business by helping me spark my interest in math when I was younger. I remember struggling to do simple algebra problems, but when she guided me through the problems the numbers would dance on the page and I would magically understand.

In addition to my interests in the business field, I also enjoy playing the piano. I have been learning how to play the piano since I was in second grade. One song I’ve been meaning to learn and this song which I’m learning how to play with my sister! (It’s a duet).

In my spare time I like reading and spending time with my family and friends. I also love eating (but who doesn’t)? I especially love eating fruits and vegetable.

froot

P.S. Recently my friend introduced an AMAZING series called Sherlock to me. I personally don’t like mysteries, but this is definitely an exception.

sherlock (Seriously you should watch it, it’s amazing!)