Introduction

Hello everyone My name is Nursultan Djamalidinov. Yes, I know its a mouthful. Everyone calls me Nick. I graduated from Brooklyn Tech and I live in Bensonhurst in Brooklyn. I come from the unknown country of Kyrgyzstan.

I was born there and immigrated here when I was 7. Coming here at a young age was a smart move because I managed to learn English very quickly. I learned it about two months after I started school. In addition I speak my native language (pretty badly) Kyrgyz and Russian, both of which are Kyrgyzstan’s official languages.

In my spare time I’m usually hanging out with my friends, playing video games, and learning languages. I am currently learning Korean and hope to start learning Chinese soon. To me, learning a language opens up a whole new world and gives me a new perspective on life in general. It reminds how big the world is and how unique people are.

I also play sports. Everyone from my country grows up playing soccer. In addition we have a long tradition of wrestling which inspired me to join the wrestling team at Brooklyn Tech. Now I wish that Baruch had a wrestling team.

I’m really excited to start college. I look forward to meeting you all and wish you all luck this year.