Introduction- About Me!

Hi everyone! My name is Aishwarya Bhatia and I was born in Jaipur, India and moved to the U.S. at a young age. I went to Forest Hills High School in Queens. My most cherished memory of high school is participating in the “We the People and the Constitution” competition. As part of the competition, my team members and I represented Forest Hills High School at the citywide, statewide, and for the first time in the school’s history, the nationwide competition held in Washington, D.C. This experience not only enhanced my communication and writing skills, but also gave me long-lasting friends and beautiful memories.

Apart from debating the Constitution, I like dancing. I have learned four dance forms and I hope to gain versatility by learning and specializing in numerous others. In fact, I enrolled in a dance camp this summer to learn three new styles of dance.

One year ago, my family and I went to India for the summer. That month-long vacation was eventful to say the least!  Here is a picture of me with some of my cousins at a festive occasion called “Rakhi”. (See picture and notice the unintentional color scheme!) Arts in NYC Introduction

I find traveling very exciting. In college, I want to spend at least a semester in Europe for study-abroad. In fact, one of my objectives in life is to take my family to a world tour to see the countless small worlds that reside in one. Besides the cultural differences, it is especially interesting to witness (and take pictures of) scenic locations that portray the beauty of the Earth. The two pictures attached are of the skyline from the airplane and the “Fog City” in India, respectively. Arts in NYC Introduction2

This past summer I worked as an accounting intern to gain experience in the field of business. As an undergraduate student with at Macaulay Honors Baruch College, I want to pursue a major in either international business, finance, or entrepreneurship and a minor in political science or government.

Well, that’s enough about me! Thank you and I look forward to learning more about you all!