Introduction – Michael Mamiye

Hi, my name is Michael Mamiye and you can call me Michael, Mike… or whatever else you like. I was born in New York City 17 years ago (I have a late birthday) and have been living here in Brooklyn ever since. I have four siblings; one brother and three sisters, two of which are married. I also have one nephew named Bobby, who just turned one a few weeks ago! I enjoy playing tennis, skiing and spending time with my family. Another interest of mine is iOS app development as well as technology as a whole.

617083.TIF

tennis-balls

I spent this past summer interning for a Manhattan based real estate firm called Cohen Equities. From canvassing the Lower East Side and Williamsburg for potential properties, to analyzing data using Excel, I was given a rare opportunity to see many sides of a vast industry. I can honestly say that the experience I got from that internship was one of the most incredible opportunities I’ve had in my life. The amount that I was able to learn in just a six-month period of time was truly remarkable. A large part of this was due to the true generosity of my boss. He really took the time out of his busy schedule to ensure that I was getting the exposure and experience that was required, and with out him the internship just wouldn’t have been the same.

So that’s my introduction and I can’t wait to get to know all of you at Macaulay much better over the next four years!