Self-introduction

Hi, my name is Shixu Zheng, a newbie in Macaulay at Baruch. I went to Francis Lewis High School and I am currently living in Flushing.Fortunately, last two years has been smooth and constructive for me. Having been China for sixteen years, I am still technically very Chinese: I am shy , traditional , a little bit reserved when talking , and sometimes still  not confident in speaking English. The reason why I said the past two year was “smooth” is I was still a big nerd in high school,so I mainly focused on academic pursuit. Also I was living in a Chinese neighborhood, which is a comfort zone for me where I didn’t have to overcome my language barrier.However, I like to challenge myself in a different setting like Baruch, where now I have to work harder,but also play harder!

pic

The most hilarious but also the most life-changing even about my life in America would be meeting my father.Even when my mom was still pregnant almost twenty years ago,my father had been to the States to earning our livings. My father never went back to China due to various job-related issues. It was extremely awkward when I met him at Chinatown, I didn’t call him “Dad” for unknown reasons, maybe it was a really strange vocab for me. After reunion, we headed to Queens and my dad tried his best to get me into an outstanding high school and rent a house.   Since my mom and  I haven’t met him for such an unbelievably long time, there were a few times of major conflicts between my families that our landlords expelled us away due to disturbance. I have been to Bayside, Fresh Meadows and right now I am in Flushing. I like traveling but it doesn’t come to an conclusion that I like unsettling. One day I would be the one to buy a big big big house for my family. Now I value more on what I have been given by my family than what I want from environment. I believe Baruch would provide me a stage where I have to push myself out of my comfort zone to go far beyond.

pic

I love music and art. One of my regrets so far is that I have never been able to learn any type of musical instruments or painting. People look so engaged and charming  when they are playing the guitar and singing to their friends. Fortunately, I could do part of it. I am fond of singing since singing is another language, another bridge to our heart.It could be inspiring, soothing, depressing and so forth, depending on how you express the lyrics.  I’d like to sing when I am taking a shower , which is sometimes annoying..

I hope you guys will enjoy the first semester in Baruch with me.   -3- love you all.