Interview with Salem

Aaron Salem A.K.A. “Salem” is a Miami-based rapper who has been devoted to writing and recording music since the early age of twelve. Today, at the ripe age of  nineteen, he is getting closer to his dreams. He has given me the prospect to receive some extra information about his life.

*******YouTube (Music Videos) – www.youtube.com/Salemofficialpage
Soundcloud – www.soundcloud.com/1salem
Facebook – www.facebook.com/Salemofficialpage
Twitter – www.twitter.com/salemmusicpage*********

SHOW HIM SOME LOVE.

Salem quotes, “Music takes me away from reality for a while and I love that. I’m trying to pursue a dream that I have always had and make it big but most importantly change the world and connect with others who feel my message in my music.” With hopes of one-day becoming a mainstream sensation, he vows to continue keeping his lyrics meaning-packed, staying as far from cliché. Currently, he is taking time to spread his music, building more and more buzz, while dropping singles and making mix tapes. In fact, if you have an ear or two, you might (should) want to drop whatever you are doing and listen to his music right now… A few of my personal favorites are “Wander With Me”, “Girls Love Beyonce (remix)”, “Dreams Money Can Buy (remix)” and “Closer to My Fears”.

Tell me about yourself, where did you get your start?

When I was 11 years old and in the fifth grade I was introduced to Eminem. At that time (being at such a young age) there was a lot of drug abuse going on within my family. Unlike other kids, I never really got to live in a stress free environment for my childhood years. I noticed at that time, in Eminem’s early years, I could relate to some of his best hits and how his life was. I picked up a pen and saw if I could rap my life going on at that time and it turns out I had a talent for it. The rest is history.

Who inspires you? Who are your heroes?

I have a lot of heroes from rappers like Eminem, Drake, Lil Wayne, Big Sean and Kanye West. Rappers are actually only a few people that inspire me. I’m inspired by motivation speakers, pop artist such as MJ and Justin Timberlake, and even some philosophers. Any person that can make me believe harder or understand this world better is a hero to me.

What are your strengths?

As of now (being un-signed), my best strengths are determination and diversity. Not only have I began to find my “Salem” sound, but I’m trying my best to make that my distinct sound in all my songs. I’m spending 40% of my time actually writing, recording, promoting, and other music things, and 60% of my time studying music, other artist, and trying to find “the secret” to life. Information is key.

What are your weaknesses?

The only weakness I have right now that I can think of is mentally having to be more patient. I have such a hunger to be successful that sometimes I push too much and overthink on slow days. Other than that, I know everything happens when it’s meant to, so I patiently wait…

Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?

5 years from now I would be 24. I don’t know what the future holds for me, but all I know is that I’m going to be in a higher place than I am now. I have an ideal vision of what I would consider success and living the dream. If I’m not there by 24, hopefully I’m at least getting closer to it. If it’s any less than what I deserve then I’m not done.

What do you hope to accomplish within the next year?

Having a wider fan base and getting signed to a label.

If you are in school, how has your education influenced your goals?

I graduated with pretty good grades and then attended 1 year of college. After that I realized that I needed to stop school because school had nothing to do with what I wanted to pursue. It was something extra on my plate and most importantly, at least too me, time consuming. I learned more morals than I did with actual textbooks. It taught me to be myself and be interactive with other kids and if you put your mind to something than sooner or later your gonna graduate (get what you want).

If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? Why?

Sitting on my dream tour bus on a 43 city tour. Ha-ha! For some reason, ONE of the things I relate to success is being on a tour bus.

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Try to find someone that can manage me right with that money. I could have all the money in the world but I wouldn’t be happy if I wasn’t living my dream.

What do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time I love working out and being with close friends of mine. I keep a small circle.

Interview with Salem — 1 Comment

1. You should revise spelling if you’re going to post about an interview. Especially if you’re a journalist or whatnot; make it sound professional.