Creative Project 2 — 5 Comments

1. I liked the comparison you all made between the phone and the nose. Just as how Kovalov was lost and upset without his nose so was the central character after she lost her phone. I also really enjoyed the comedic spin on this video; the phone was in her back pocket the whole time she thought she lost it.
    I must say, the constant noise of the alarm really, really irritated me but it was clever using that as the background “music” as a reminder to the viewer that the phone plays a pivotal role in the life of the central character. Once she loses it her life seems to spiral out of control-if the twirling at the end is any indication-until she collapses from exhaustion.

2. You guys did a nice job by connecting the story to a more recent item, the cell phone. Some people definitely see it as an essential part of their being, and carry their phone everywhere they go. Similarly, you depict how losing the cell phone can lead to chaos and being burnt out which is how Kovalev felt. Meanwhile, the cell phone magically appears at the end, just like the nose eventually made it’s way back to Kovalev’s face. Nice job, and good comparison.

3. I liked the phone-theme to the video. The constant ringing of the phone throughout the video displays the dominance it had over Khrystyna’s life; it was a notable aspect of her identity. I can see the connection to The Nose when she loses her phone and enters a depression. Being such a huge part of her identity, I can imagine that it was a vital part of Khrystyna’s life. I love the ending as well. It is not cheery and is the ultimate consequence of the loss of identity. Good job!

4. I could relate to this video as someone who spends a lot of time using my phone for Internet. Whenever I think I’ve lost it, it always turns out to be right in my bag, but I experience a moment of panic beforehand thinking it’s gone. It’s easy to see the parallel with Kovalov losing his nose, since it was so important and he took it for granted, meaning he felt its absence even more once it was gone. I liked the constant ringing of the phone throughout the video as it serves to show how constant the presence of phones are thoughout our lives.

5. I really could relate to this video because for about a month this summer, I was phone-less. Although I still had my laptop, it was difficult communicating with my friends, making plans, being updated with the world. It was a shocking eye-opener; I was addicted to my phone. After a while, it became really refreshing not having it. I think this video does a great job in portraying losing something that you rely on. Like Nick said, it was a huge part of who she was!

Also, I agree with Christine. The ringing really annoyed me, but in a good way. That’s my alarm in the morning and just hearing it frightens me! You guys did a great job.