Nosferatu.

Nosferato. Just the name alone comes off with a negative tone.  I wasn’t very eager to watch the film, specifically because of how old it is.  The new generations (myself included unfortunately) din’t fully appreciate older/soundless movies.  But I was utterly surprised to find that I actually enjoyed the movie.

On a side note, I did have an idea of what Nosferuato looked like only from an early Spongebob episode where he is seen flicking on and off the lights (you all know what I’m talking about).

vampire

Anyway, was I scared? No, not at all.  But I wasn’t scared of “The Exorcist” either and I still thought that was an exceptional scary movie too.  For the time period, in 1922, I think people were definitely scared out of their minds when they saw this film.

Even with the lack of words, the music tells the story just as well.  The eerie music is present throughout and the clashing chords just hit home with the audience.  Nosferatu looks and acts more animalistic than human which I think is just plain good acting.

vampire 2

This is on my list of some of my all-time horror movies!

Nosferatu. — 1 Comment

1. Can you really call something a horror movie if you and the people from your generation are not scarred by it? I’m not so sure.
    Don’t you think it’t funny how when there are no words people tend to comment more on the musical accompaniment? There are soundtracks today with all movies to elicit emotions too but for some reason people talk more about the music in silent films. Why is this?