Ordinary Weirdness – an inspired collage

ordinary-GIF

The theme I gleaned from my mood diary for “The Nose” is ordinary weirdness. I’m trying to focus on the vibe I got from reading the short story rather than focusing on any central theme pertinent to the story.  We begin with a simple yet dynamic photo of a bold-looking caucasian female in the foreground. This is meant to convey ordinariness with a hint of something that’s out of place. Then:

1. A seemingly mismatched, barely-clad couple appear at bottom right.

2. A young boy looks lost and confused in a sea of butts (or people bent over); a reference (perhaps) to my mood diary for “The Nose” and the idea that Kovalyov could’ve been missing his butt as far as I am and the relevance of what’s missing is concerned.

3. A uniformed soldier sticks out his tongue for the camera amid other grim looking soldiers.

4. An ordinary New York scenery comes into view (in the center of which stands a funny looking guy on a scooter).

The final collage is seen half-way through the gif when it “pauses” for two seconds.

Between 3 and 4, no subtraction of things have taken place. I merely exported images as I hidden layer by layer until the only the last added image is left, which is the image with the taxi, the bus, and the guy on the scooter.

I’m not sure what I’m trying to convey but I think “ordinary weirdness” pretty much covers it. You guys can make what you will of this.