Mood Diary: Nosferatu

MV5BMTYyNjY3Nzg4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYxMzczMw@@._V1._SX366_SY522_While watching the film Nosferatu there feelings and things that I noticed. To start, from the beginning, my mind was automatically comparing the story to Metamorphosis and The Nose. I was expecting Nosferatu to be like those in the sense of bizarreness. However since the idea of vampires is not as strange to me as human cockroaches, Nosferatu was very different then what we’ve been reading until now.

While I was of course familiar with the character of Dracula and the basic story, I never actually read the book or saw the movie. It was interesting to actually see and learn the actual story behind one of the most well known horror characters of all time.

Count_Dracula_Christopher_LeeIn the topic of horror, I am not a fan of that genre. I hate it. And I don’t understand anyone who enjoys it. But anyways, Nosferatu was not really the type of horror we are used to today. In the group discussion someone brought up a point that I define only agree with. They said that in 1922, when people were unfamiliar with the concept of horror in movies, this must have been completely terrifying. 

Top-10-Scariest-Movie-On-Earth-All-Time

But as out society got more comfortable with that type of horror, we began to crave even more, and that is how we 
arrived with what we
have today. 
I think that is why even though itmay not seem scary to us, Nosferatu definitely qualifies as a horror movie. 

declown7

I also noticed how often I was getting distracted due to the lack of action and real dialogue. It shows how spoiled I’ve become by modern special effects and technology. Overall I enjoyed watching the film. 

Mood Diary: Nosferatu — 1 Comment

1. I agree with your point of the lure of horror films. I never found them particularly interesting but I can’t lie, I did enjoy this one. Perhaps it is what we are used to as viewers: gory, over-the-top horror that is often unbelievable. Being used to this type of film, I too was distracted whenever there wasn’t any crazy action scenes. I agree with you in that although that it wasn’t necessarily scar, it was entertaining nevertheless.