Creative Project #3

Animation

Hello and welcome to my animation. It may not seem like a lot, or even that meaningful for that matter, but there are specific reasons behind why I chose to use these images. Flowers represent life to me. Regardless of whether your life is going through a rough patch, the flowers bloom annually. They can brighten your day, lift up your spirits and make you feel fuzzy all over by their intoxicating smells. Well, unless they’re orchids- then you shouldn’t be smelling them for too long because then they become the polar opposite of life: death. But anyway, smelling flowers generally puts people in a happy mood (unless you’re that old man from Up), simply because the blooming of flowers is a new life, a new opportunity, and a new page being turned.

As for the Leopard, I chose leopards because they absolutely fascinate me! And yes, I did take that picture. (Don’t worry there was a glass between me and the majestic creature). Why would that worry you? Because these magnificent creatures, while they are absolutely beautiful, can be incredibly lethal. Just look at those teeth- they kind of look like Dracula’s fangs (wink wink). Well you can’t really see his/ her teeth- they’re hidden much like Nosferatu’s personality was hidden. Hooray for metaphors.

Then there is the picture of the tower shrouded in darkness and fog. Highly representative of absolutely ALL horror movies out there. I mean, when else would that ferocious vampire/zombie/serial killer/ witch/any other “horrifying” creatures strike? Regardless, I thought it was a perfect representation of the idea that the story line is in conjunction with the horror genre, despite how un-horrifying the story is.

As for the background- that was sort of a mistake on my part. I didn’t mean to use it, as I didn’t feel as though it adds anything meaningful to the story that the picture is trying to represent, however once I looked at it, I found that it adds a deeper meaning- connecting the whole thing to everyday life. You can always be walking in the park around sunset. And who knows, maybe a vampire, or in this case a leopard, will jump out at you out of nowhere. Or not. Because this is reality. But really, you might have an epiphany and realize that in reality, the true monsters that you are afraid of lie buried deep within you. Yep, that was deep (Get it?).

project09

Creative Project #3 — 6 Comments

1. I love the flowers! I love flowers and feel like they represent life also and the blinking image of them was really cool. I also liked how the background changed colors in a seeping kind of way. Although your animation was abstract, I liked the tower representing horror movies off to the side. It was a good idea and makes sense. Great job!

2. I like how you took three distinctive images and connected them through different effects and meanings in your animation. I love your use of flowers because I did the same but to represent the loss of female innocence. I also like how the effects you used creates an aura of mystery which is often seen in horror movies.

3. I loved the colors used in your animation! It was all deep blues, greens, and purples, which made the animation sort of dark and shadowy and really contributed to the overall effect. And the leopard was awesome, great connection to the fact that Nosferatu was hiding his darker identity under the surface in the same way the leopard’s fangs are concealed by the mouth and beautiful exterior. Look can be very deceiving, except in the case that this looked great, and is great:)

4. I liked the animation. It was nice and simple yet it brought your message across. I did not understand at first why you used a leopard in the animation until I read your description. It now makes good sense how the leopard is viscous yet the danger of the leopard is hidden just like Nosferatu. I also liked the way you put the flowers into the animation.