Creative Project #3: Animation

IDC-collage-gif in google chrome

(Click on the image to see the gif)

Middle image:

collagemiddle

My themes for this collage were death, shadows, and life. I started out by editing the background image, which represents death. I desaturated it a bit to make it look more grim but made the sky bluer to show that there was a chance of “life” to defeat the “death.” Then the things that start appearing are shadows. They cover and darken most of the image to show that shadows have taken over any of the life from the “death” part, and adds to the grimness of death. However, since the shadows do not completely cover the image up, that lets the possibility of light or life to come through and defeat the darkness. The light keeps piling on in order to cover up the darkness. The middle picture is the finished collage which shows life permeating through death and being able to cover up the darkness.

My version of destruction was covering up all the light. Like the shadows, the light didn’t completely cover up all the shadows, but merely hid the shadows a bit. Therefore, the shadows come back but this time, they are opaque and cover up all the light and any life. At the end, the image is completely black which leaves no room for any life to defeat death. This shows that darkness prevails over light and death will always beat life, or at least in this collage.

Creative Project #3: Animation — 4 Comments

1. I really liked the different effects you had going on. I had to watch the animation a couple of times before I realized that, at the beginning, the hue and saturation of the sky was changing. It’s very subtle but once I saw it, I was caught. Also, the shadows you had gradually covering up most of the image was very effective and definitely showed the destruction.

2. I agree with sijiayou, the different effects and hues that you used are really amazing. When I was watching your animation, the changes in colors and shading was really evident and must have been time consuming. I really like the overall effect that it gives to your final picture. I also think the themes of shadows, death and life were represented really well through the effects that you used.