Creative Project 3

Creative3-animation

The story begins with a picture of a city. Then, a bicycle emerges from the right. After reaching the near center of the city, a trophy-like vase of willow appears from the left. A part of the background turns blue while the bicycle tries to catch the vase of willow. But the bicycle cannot catch the vase of willow as it continuously moves away. The bicycle follows and experiences changes in its size. Meanwhile, the background also transforms into a variety of colors. Finally, the bicycle touches the vase of willow and they disappear, leaving the background in a completely transformed image. Then this process starts over again.

My creative project revolves around three themes: life, desire, and change. In essence, it is a representation of our progression. Like the bicycle, we step out into this modern world and have aspirations represented by the vase of willow. Of course, we would pursue these goals, but it is not always easy. The path to our desires will be littered with obstacles and hinderances (the vase of willow avoiding the bicycle). Also, throughout our journey, we would come to experience many things which would alter our views of the world, thus the color change and the size change of the bike. But hopefully, with persistence, we will have a good chance of securing our desires. Then, after we’ve achieved our goals, this sequence starts again, whether it is our or another person’s strive. 

Mid-phase:

0051

Creative Project 3 — 2 Comments

1. I was slightly confused when I watched your animation the first time, but after reading your description, it made total sense and is very realistic. I like how in the end you made the bicycle touch the vase of willow. That gives the sense of hope that we can achieve whatever we want with the right amount of persistence. Your changing the colors of the background is a nice way of representing change, and how people’s views change as time goes on. Also, beautiful background image!

2. You combined three real and simple pictures and made them surreal and symbolic. I really like the color choice because from blue to red, it also demonstrate the “change” you aimed to express. Great job. The green buildings look awesome!