Theatrical Storytelling- Horror Can Be Anywhere — 4 Comments

1. First off, thank you for making me literally jump out of my seat. Your use of a a jump scare was very effective and thrilling. The quick transition from Janice falling asleep to Janice on the door was perfectly done. Further, I loved your use of the repeated “Nosferatu” phrase throughout the “dream sequence”. The whisper effect, emphasized by the loud volume was creepy and chilling. Also, your use of shadows was well done and reminded me of the shadowed Noseferatu. Lastly, I really how you kept the ending a mystery–is Nosferatu actually there? Or is she not? The world may never know

2. I really enjoyed the concept of your movie and thought it was executed well. The transitions were smooth especially the quick cut from Janice sleeping to her by the door. The jump cut and shadows created a creepy feeling that actually scared me. In addition, I liked the sound effects. The whispers added an eerie atmosphere and the music fit the storyline well. My favorite part is that the film is up to the individual’s own interpretation. Is it a dream or not? It’s up to us to decide.

3. Great job! I really liked the combination of music and lighting and think that you made a great adaptation from Nosferatu. Although I did not immediately understand that Janice was within a dream, after reading the description I thought that the video was put together very well. You could have tried to use a transition or some sort of fading to show that she was no longer in the real world, and instead in a dreamlike state. Beyond that, I liked that your video incorporated actual horror. You did a great job of including the slow drawn out shadow “Nosferatu” horror, but also put in some suspenseful jumps that actually made me flinch. Overall, great job on the video!

4. The opening filming was great – love how the camera followed Janice around. The door shutting was really creepy, and then later door opening was nice because it connected back to the first shot of the door. The use of shadows was really interesting too. I loved the creepy repition of “Nosferatu” as well – the use of rep it repitition throughout the video was very nice.