About Me – Joshua Hirth

My name is Josh Hirth I am from sunny South Florida (yes I am that kid.) I grew up in an Orthodox Jewish household (if you want to know why we are off Wednesday and Thursday come to me) and speak fluent Hebrew because my dad is from Israel. I attended a private Jewish high school and also spent last year abroad studying Judaism in Israel.

I am an entrepreneur at heart, although I am currently Pre-Med. In high school I spent most of my time running the clubs and committees that I founded, including the Bio-Medical Club and Wall Street 101. In addition, during the summer before senior year I bought an ice cream vending machine that I put in my school. I spent the subsequent year building up the business known as Vending4You, and we are now a publicly traded company on the Dow Jones (kidding of course, but we can all be hopeful.)

Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 5.56.12 PM

I also built up an eBay business where I sell designer clothing for discounted prices so if your looking for some Gucci or Prada hit me up here. This past Summer my friend Zach and I toured the world: London, Paris, Tokyo, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Zurich- all using credit card points. We spent months arranging and rearranging the itinerary to maximize every point spent, and had the trip of a lifetime.

The last few months I have spent working for a medical practice in Florida, marketing and transitioning the practice to Electronic Medical Records. I have also recently struck up an interest in art, particularly the works and ceramics of Pablo Picasso. Therefore, I am quite excited to be in this class and to expand my knowledge of the arts with all of you.

About Me – Joshua Hirth — 3 Comments

1. Wow, the fact that you already own a business astounds me… I wish I knew how you did it- starting and managing a business is definitely not easy.

I also love how you’ve traveled so much! I am a huge fan of traveling, and you seem to have been to several places that I have on my list of places to go.